Hey guys! This is officially my first post as self-hosted! I finally bit the bullet and bought my own domain and it feels really good actually to be able to say .co.uk instead of .blogspot.co.uk! Anyway, today I am doing my favourite post of the year which is my 2017 book roundup! This is where I go through all the books I have read over 2017 and then at the end discuss which books I liked the most and least! I did quite a lot of reviews over this year of books so if I have reviewed the book I will link it. So this year I read 28 books which I am really pleased with actually and I know everyone reads different amounts and this may seem a lot to some and barely anything to others but for me that's pretty good! Especially as I have been busy at university and whatnot! So I will go through all the books I read in 2017!
1) The Girls- Emma Cline
2) A Little Something Different- Sandy Hall
3) More Than This- Patrick Ness
4) The Knife of Never Letting Go (Chaos Walking #1)- Patrick Ness
5) The Ask and The Answer (Chaos Walking #2)- Patrick Ness
6) Monsters of Men (Chaos Walking #3)- Patrick Ness
7) The Rosie Project- Graeme Simsion
8) The Rosie Effect- Graeme Simsion
9) We Were Liars- E Lockhart
10) The Thousand Tiny Miracles of Living Twice- Katarina West
11) There's a Boy in the Girls Bathroom- Louis Sacher
12) Miss Peregrines Home for Peculiar Children- Ransom Riggs
13) Hallow City- Ransom Riggs
14) Library of Souls- Ransom Riggs
15) Johnathan Strange and Mr Norrell- Susanna Clarke
16) Me before you- Jojo Moyes
17) The Sky is Everywhere- Jandy Nelson
18) Astonishing Splashes of Colour- Clare Morrall
19) The Taxidermists Daughter- Kate Mosse
20) Everything Everything- Nicola Yoon
21) My Not So Perfect Life- Sophie Kinsella
22) The Sun is Also a Star- Nicola Yoon
23) Under Rose Tainted Skies - Louise Gornell
24) Big Little Lies- Liane Moriarty
25) Love, Rosie- Cecelia Ahern
26) Capture your Style- Aimee Song
27) Nerve- Jeanne Ryan
28) My True Love Gave to Me- Many authors!
So that is a complete list of the books I read this year and the links to all the books I reviewed! So, now onto my general review! Firstly, I'll talk about some of my favourite books this year. My favourite books that I read have to be the Chaos Walking Trilogy, I honestly loved these books so much I found them really gripping and such an immersive story which made me laugh and cry throughout. If you haven't already, I would really recommend! The book which stood out most to me this year has to be Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell. This book took me the longest to read too, it's quite a long book at over 1000 pages but it is so worth it and I thoroughly enjoyed this book and thought it was so imaginative and well written. Another book I really enjoyed was Me Before You. This book surprised me a bit and I already knew the storyline but I really loved it and it's a really easy read too. I also loved My Not So Perfect Life. This book is honestly hilarious and so relatable and such an enjoyable read. Another book I really loved was Big Little Lies, I found it so gripping and funny but with some really dark moments and a really satisfying ending. Finally, We Were Liars and More Than This are two books that kept me hanging on till the end and that I really enjoyed reading.
Unfortunately, there were a few books this year that I personally didn't really enjoy or that weren't really my style. Firstly, The Girl's I, unfortunately, didn't really enjoy. I know so many people who loved this book but I just don't think it's really my cup of tea so I wasn't the biggest fan of this book. Another book that disappointed me this year was The Sky Is Everywhere. I was looking forward to reading this but it wasn't really what I expected I guess and I just didn't really enjoy it actually I found it frustrating. Finally, the book Nerve I was really disappointed by. I go into a lot of detail about why in my review of it but I wasn't the biggest fan of this book!
So I hoped you enjoyed this post! Have you read any of these books? What did you think?
Lots of love,