Hey guys! I am back after a long break (again.) My exams start next week so I have been focusing on them lately, it's hard to believe my first year at uni is nearly over, it's been a whirlwind! I am excited to get back into blogging when my exams have finished in about four weeks, and to post more on all three of my blogs, especially my summer/ lifestyle blog as that has been neglected since February, but I want to show you guys what I'll be getting up to this summer, and of course provide more recipes on my food blog, and more little thoughts/ reviews/ anything else on this blog! I thought I would do a little post on some revising techniques as many of you will be having exams like me and it can be super hard to be motivated to revise so here are some things that work for me!
1) Be realistic. There is no point setting yourself an unrealistic amount of work to do in a day, when the day comes you will feel even less motivated because of the sheer amount you have given yourself, set a reasonable target.
2) Create a timetable, or at least have a general idea of what revision you need to do that week. Plan this around your exams. Start with the closest exam, or you will feel unproductive revising for something that you still have a few weeks to revise for.
3) Keep hydrated.
Keep sipping a drink while you work to keep your brain hydrated, water or juice, I like different types of tea so peppermint, green, berry teas. Maybe even a few lattes...
It is also important to eat during the day, keep a balance between healthy and unhealthy snacks, eating a sharing bar of chocolate as you eat is going to make you feel sluggish, so have a mix of fruit and nuts, as well as those penguin bars.
5) Treat yourself. Have little breaks, don't do too much in one day, time your revision if it makes it easy to make sure you have breaks. Have something to look forward too as well, organise things to do with your friends some evenings, that way you will feel more motivated.
6) Buy highlighters and pretty notebooks, it will make revision seem more appealing.
7) If it's getting too much....stop. It will be time for a break. Have a quick walk to the shop or watch friends for half an hour and then come back to your work.
I hope these tips have helped!
Lots of love,